What is the responsibility of the Christian Education Department?
With chaplains, to work closely with the administration and faculty, and to listen to CES students and families, to make sure we do “our Episcopal best”:
• To make sure the school is caring for the mind, body, and soul of students, families, and faculty
• In keeping with our Episcopal identity
• So that this environment is one of spiritual growth and engaged learning
What informs our way of life at CES?
Because the school is a mission of Christ Church, everything we do is rooted in our Baptismal Covenant.
The Baptismal Covenant asks that we examine ourselves and answer these charges:
Will you continue in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in the prayers?
Will you persevere in resisting evil, and, whenever you fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord?
Will you proclaim by word and example the Good News of God in Christ?
Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?
Will you strive for justice and peace among all people, and respect the dignity of every human being?
I will, with God’s help.
What is the ideal Christian Education curriculum for CES?
- Christian Education has its place in every grade level
• It also reflects the artistic and intellectual nature of the school
• We begin with “wondering” in the Godly Play model, ECC-5th Grade
• All teachers are responsive to the experiences and questions students have about our Biblical heritage and traditions
• In all things, we are rooted in Scripture, Tradition, and Reason
What are Christian Education’s main goals?
The goal of Christian Ed is to respond to the phenomenal growth the school is seeing!
1. Worship spaces and services that fit the needs of our growing student body
2. Keep classes small for chaplain/student relationships
3. Increase the presence of ordained chaplains for pastoral care and instruction
4. Offer more support groups, Bible studies, book clubs to families and faculty
Worship currently meets on Mondays and Thursdays in the Outdoor Chapel for Lower School Chapel,
and on Mondays and Thursdays in the COI Theatre for Junior High and High School Chapels.
You are always warmly invited to attend with your children.